Last Updated on August 29, 2021
Trampolines parts wear out due to exposure to rain, sun, snow, and some other facts. Jumping on a faulty trampoline may cause severe injuries that nobody expects. So, the defective or broken parts need to be replaced soon to avoid any possible injury. Before replacing the part, a vital thing is to know the actual dimension of the faulty part so that you can purchase the right size. That’s why learning how to measure a trampoline comes in handy.
Below we’ll explain the process of measuring the trampoline’s major replacement parts such as mat, spring, net, pad, etc. Reading this article, you can easily measure your trampoline size by yourself. Let’s get started.
Why Accurate Trampoline Measurement is Necessary?
Safety Comes First
If you plan to replace single or several parts of a trampoline, the old parts should be measured precisely. The accurate the measurement will be, the more right you can choose your new parts for your trampoline.
However, if you fail to measure them correctly, there is a high chance to be failed to choose the perfect size parts. And installing an inaccurate part can be a reason for serious accidents. So, don’t overlook the easy task. Otherwise, it will be a reason for your misery.
Inaccurate Part Won’t Provide Good Exercise
You need the exact size of the frame, springs, or other parts for enjoying wonderful bouncing. For example, an overtight or loosen mat mightn’t give you good exercise. Therefore, you will not able to burn calories as you wish.
It’s Money & Time Issue
If you install the wrong dimension trampoline part, this will be a wastage of money and time as you can’t continue this long. So, invest in the right size part of the trampoline.
Things Needed to Measure A Trampoline
Trampoline measurement is an easy task that anyone can do. Usually, one person can do the job done. However, when measuring trampoline frame, mat, or other large parts, take help from another person. The accessories that are required for measuring a trampoline size are measuring tape or ruler, paper and pen, spring puller, etc.
Trampoline Measuring Guide to Replace Trampoline Parts
Trampoline’s most frequent replacement parts are mat, spring, spring pad, net, etc. So, let’s know, how do you measure a trampoline before replacing its parts.
How to Measure Trampoline Mats
While measuring the trampolines mat, measure it from frame to frame. Never measure mat to mat distance, as mat stretches over time. But you can measure mat diameter to get a quick but slightly wrong size. For accurate measurement, go for frame measurement.
The detailed process is discussed in the subsequent section. But the process may vary a bit according to trampoline shapes and types. Let’s break down the ways on how to measure a trampoline mat.
The round shape trampoline’s mat size measurement is very easy compared to other shapes. It can be done through several steps.
Place a ruler or tape measure on the trampoline frame. Measure the diameter of the frame straight across to the opposite end. Do it at least three times from different sides and figure out the average value. And note down the data with the respective unit.
- 2 Pack Soft Fashion Pink & Retractable Black Measuring Tape Set. Double-sided, 60-inch / 150 cm, portable,durable tape measure. Small and light pocket-size measuring tape.
- Easy to Read and Accurate Measurements. The tape measure has accurate, large and clear markings in both inches and centimeters, easy and convenient to read. Wide Application on Home Office School Supplies: Cloth tape measure; body tape measure, sewing tape measure, measuring tape for body, waist tape measure, tailor tape measure. Great measuring tape for body, sewing, tailoring, weight loss, ordering clothes online, waist measurement or measuring any curved surface.
- NOTE: The black tape measure is retractable. There is a retract button in the center, just press on the button when pulling the tape out or retracting the tape back into it, or there will be loud noise.
- Package includes one soft fashion pink tape measure and one retractable black tape measure. Perfect multipurpose measuring tape for body fabric sewing tailor cloth knitting craft measurements. Great gift idea for family friends coworkers seamstress. (Retractable Black Measuring Tape, Size 2 x 2 x 0.5 inches, weight 0.7oz, portable and easy to carry or put into your bag.)
- ✔ 7 Feet Stand Out Made Measuring Easy: With a sturdy matte blade measuring 0.15mm thick stand out till 7 FEET, this 25 foot tape measure is strong and durable, making it an essential for everyone from everyday homeowners, interior designers to professional handyman, carpenter, metal or wood workers and architects.
- ✔ Accidental Drop Protection With Shock-Absorbent Case: The casing of our retractable measuring tape is made out of a top grade rubberized material that is conveniently shock-absorbent. It has even been tested for quality assurance purposes in our labs.
- ✔ Working Alone Became Easier with Magnetic Hook: The end of the measuring tape is outfitted with a powerful magnet, allowing you to get a proper measurement without all the fuss. Simply attach the end of the ruler to any metal surface to keep it in place while you get the measurements you need.
- ✔ Easy to Read Bold Numbers: Thanks to the measurement indicators on the measurement tape, Bold Easy To Read Large Numbers, our measuring tool provides accurate measurements for carpenters, builders, hobbyists and more. Measurement is better then MID II also been awarded certification from M.I.D for accuracy. You have both inch and metric ruler to perform all type of works.
Now measure the mat (fabric) diameter from fabric-to-fabric end excluding V-rings of the spring and record the average value. Also, measure the spring length and count down the V-rings or number of springs.
Square & Rectangular Trampolines
To measure a rectangular trampoline mat, you have to measure the length and width. On the other hand, square trampolines’ length and width are the same. Let’s see how to measure their mat dimension.
Measure the length and width of the rectangular trampoline’ frame from the outer sides and write down the average value. So, measuring either the length or width, you will get the square trampoline’s frame size.
Measure the length and width of the mat size. Also, measure spring length and count the number of total springs.
Oval shape trampoline is not completely round. So, it needs a few more measurements than the round trampoline.
Firstly, measure the longest side of the frame from the outer side. Then, measure the smallest side space. Then measure the actual mat-side in the same way. Now, measure the spring length and count the spring number.
Measuring frame and mat size to any complicated shape trampoline (like hexagonal, octagonal, etc) are much more difficult than the regular shape trampolines.
If you need to measure an octagonal or other compound shape trampolines mat and frame, you have to do it diagonally. Measure the frame length diagonally from one outer end to its opposite end. Then following the same way measure the mat size. Also, determine spring length and cast up the number of springs.
The following video will help you understand how do you measure a trampoline.
How to Measure Trampoline Springs
Spring is an essential part of the trampoline. Sometimes one or several springs replacement may be needed, so how to measure trampoline springs?
Dismantle one or several springs using a spring puller from the hook end. Then measure the length using a ruler. After that, count the number of springs that you want to replace. If you feel to replace all the springs altogether, take them apart and count down the number of the total spring.
When measuring a spring’s length, make sure it’s not stretched enough. If it enlarges extremely, don’t include it in your measurement. Truly, all the springs stretch more or less over time. However, find out the small stretched one. And while buying the spring, consider the stretching. You can also contact the manufacturer to know the exact size.
- The Set Includes 4 Steel Rulers In 4 Different Sizes: 14”, 12”, 8” And 6”
- Made From High Impact 1/32 Inch (0.9mm) Thick Stainless Steel
- Inch And cm Measurements, Etched With Marking Up To 1/64 Inch Measurements And 1/20 Centimeter Measurements
- Inch To mm Conversion Table In The Back Of The Rulers
- Accurate Markings, Perfect For Schools, Offices, Home Schools, Architects, And Engineers
How to Measure A Trampoline Net
Do you want to replace the old trampoline net with a new one? If yes, knowing how to measure a trampoline for a replacement net is very important for you. Don’t worry, by following the steps you can do it easily.
For the round trampoline, measure the frame diameter. Next, find out the number of poles on the enclosure. Also, measure the height of the pole so you can understand how high the net will be.
If you have other shapes of the trampoline, measure the circumference of the trampoline frame instead of the diameter. Measure poles number and height as usual. Also, consider the trampoline net door and zipper as well while measuring the trampoline net size.
How to Measure A Trampoline Pad
Trampoline pads work as spring cover to protect jumpers from the direct hit of springs and frame. Typically, spring pad measurement varies with trampolines’ shape. Let’s reveal how you measure trampoline spring cover.
This is very simple and almost similar to measuring trampoline mat. Measure the outer edge to outer edge diameter of the frame. Also, measure the mat dimension. By subtracting the frame diameter to mat diameter, you will get the width of the spring pad. And frame diameter tells which size pads will fit your trampoline. You can also measure the frame’s outer end to the bed edge to get the width of the frame pad.
The process may vary a bit for dissimilar shapes of the trampoline but the main concept will remain almost the same.
How to Measure A Trampoline Poles
Poles provide support to trampoline enclosures. Sometimes basketball hoop is also attached to trampoline poles or enclosure net. If you want to make a clubhouse over the trampoline, poles will be handy. But sometimes you may need to replace the poles. Measurement of poles is very easy. As poles are straight metal frames, so using a tape measure or ruler you will get the length easily.
Things to Remember while Measuring A Trampoline Size
Several things will help you to measure the trampoline dimension accurately. At the same time, you should maintain some safety precautions. Let’s know them.
- Measure all the dimensions multiple times.
- Write down your measurement with units.
- Measure all distances straight from one end to the other.
- When taking apart spring, carefully handle this.
- Rusty frame may hurt you, be careful.
- Don’t stand over a torn mat.
How to Measure A Trampoline Size FAQs
Should I measure the trampoline if I have a trampoline instruction manual?
Well, if you have the trampoline instruction manual, you needn’t measure the trampoline further. The trampoline manual comes with the package when you purchase the trampoline that explains the trampoline installation with its care and maintenance guide, dismantling process, and most importantly the dimension of each part. So, by keeping the guidebook safely, you can easily avoid measuring trampoline when replacement is necessary.
Should I use one trampoline part for another trampoline?
If the size matches each other, you can use it in this case. But never use unlike dimension’s parts when replacement is necessary.
Where to buy trampoline replacement parts?
We always recommend buying from reliable online stores or local ones. In this case, there is no exception. Whether you want to purchase a trampoline mat, springs, net, spring cover, poles, etc., just visit your favorite online store and purchase your necessary trampoline replacement parts.
Is trampoline replacement parts work like new parts of a trampoline?
Most prominent trampoline brands provide trampoline parts and accessories. It is recommended to install the same company trampoline part which belongs to the trampoline itself. If you do that, you will get the maximum benefit. But there are some flimsy products also. Don’t buy and install them anyway.
By now, you know how to measure a trampoline size. We believe you will be able to measure any part of your trampoline easily by following our comprehensive guidelines. Let’s replace the old or broken part and give a new look to your trampoline. Happy trampolining!
Adam is a family guy who tries to find joy by having a good time with his friends and family. Spending some quality time in his backyard and have a good trampoline moment is something he loves dearly. The sharing of experience and knowledge that he got has motivated him to start this blog.